Juice fast: Day 1

Today is the first day of my 21 day juice fast. It got off to a particularly slow start as I overslept this morning and didn’t get out of bed until 8 AM. All my plans to get up before Charlie and prepare all my juices and supplements before he woke up went out the window.

When I managed to drag myself out of bed, I went downstairs and prepared my electrolyte water for the day (water with Himalayan Salt and another electrolyte supplement). My plan is to start slowly  – the programme is so involved and involves so many different supplements that I am going to do just 1/3 of it today and tomorrow then gradually add to it through the rest of the week.  So today, I started the day off with my Liverflush drink. Even if I told you what was in it, you probably wouldn’t know what I was talking about. I don’t. It is basically water with some apple and lemon juiced up and about 10 supplements and minerals added. It tasted like lemonade and was delicious. Then I had a glass of restructured water (water with Chlorella, spirulina and moringa – the front glass in the photo below). It actually didn’t taste as bad as I thought it would. In fact I quite liked it, but could not drink a lot. I am supposed to drink this all day.

juices for the day
Daily drinks

Following that I made up my juices – I have a green structured smoothie (kale, spinach, ginger, lemon, aloe vera concentrate and olive oil) to drink before I go out for my walk and also need to make a carrot juice concoction and a green juice concoction to drink alternately throughout the day.

breakfast juice

All that preparation took me up to about 11 AM and then I went out for a walk with the dog. Unfortunately, at the moment I am having a lot of trouble walking. The hormonal medication I am taking (at least I think it is this) has caused extreme muscle aches and weakness in my legs and what used to be quite a quick and easy walk has turned into my equivalent of a marathon. Going up stairs feels like trying to climb Everest. I am hoping that these side-effects do wear off soon. I have called the hospital and will discuss this with my oncologist. He will probably also want to do an MRI of my spine to make sure there is nothing else going on that could be causing the symptoms. Meanwhile, I feel like I am in the Flintstones. You know how they used to get into their car and ran furiously but their legs would go round and round and they wouldn’t actually move anywhere? That’s what it feels like when I try to walk. Not to mention that my muscles are constantly twitching and occasionally cramping.

flinstones in car
Going nowhere fast

Anyway, I still did manage to walk the dog without falling over. I came home and had “lunch” which was a carrot juice followed by a cup of bone broth.

I am now in bed about to meditate, but will probably end up falling asleep instead. Following this, I will be having a special drink immediately followed by a caffeine enema. And then it will be dinnertime – carrot juice or green juice. Yum Yum.

Meanwhile, I am also taking my CBD oil every two hours and Penicillin (for my throat infection) every four hours. How do I remember all this? I have downloaded a special app called Medisafe for my phone which reminds me every time I am due some medication. Over the next few days as I add in the remainder of the supplements (maybe about 10 more) this will be even more necessary.

It seems very involved but this is now my full-time job. I am sure it will get easier (at least I hope it will) over the course of the three weeks.

Surprisingly, I do not yet miss food. I guess that this is all so new and complicated that I haven’t had time to think about food yet. If I do get hungry I will just have a glass of that water with green gucky stuff in it and that should put me right off.

Yours in health and hunger.


Just Jen

Author: Jen

Jen Ainger is a 47 year old cancer babe, previous Pilates instructor and owner/manager of Eltham Pilates & Pilates 4 Scoliosis. Born and bred in Fredericton, New Brunswick in Eastern Canada she moved to the UK in 1993 (and now would like to tell you that she knows her “pants” from her “trousers”). She trained with Body Control Pilates in 2004 and opened the Little Pilates Studio in Greenwich soon after. The studio was sold in 2014 and she saw clients in her home studio until being diagnosed with terminal breast cancer in July 2018, a life-changing diagnosis that set her off on a whole new path in search of healing, a journey being recorded in her blog. Jen is currently living in Eltham, Southeast London with her husband, whippet and 4-year old son. (Jen is now trying to raise money to cover the escalating costs of supplementary treatment as mainstream medical treatment can only offer palliative care. You can help out by donating through her GoFundMe page by clicking on the link in the menu at the top right).

4 thoughts on “Juice fast: Day 1”

  1. Hi Jen,
    I am loving your blogs & am particularly interested in how you get on with the emotional healing side of things. My son is having EMDR having been recently diagnosed with complex ptsd stemming from childhood issues, namely rejection & emotional neglect from his father. He is finding it very helpful, although it does freak him out at times! Wishing you lots of luck with that & your juicing regime (& your coffee enemas!). You are an incredible inspiration & I am very sorry o cannot be at your birthday do but will definitely buy some raffle tickets!
    Love & best wishes
    Louise xx

    1. Hi Judi,

      The liver flush drink is something that my integrative oncologist has put together, although he may have got it from somewhere else. If you send me an email I can email it to you BUT be aware that before giving me this programme he did alot of blood tests to see what my individual needs were. It may not be suitable for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *